Decision making has been difficult, but I've accepted several stories and rejected others. If you received a rejection from me, it's been for one of the following reasons:
- You may have written well, but other, similar stories were more polished.
- You wrote so cleverly, but also so cryptically, that I got a headache. Headaches are not funny.
- Your story didn't fit the theme of the book at some level. Either it wasn't funny, or it wasn't paranormal in some way.
- I got a bunch of stories that had the same basic storyline, and I liked someone's else's version better than yours.
I still have openings in the anthology. You have time to get a story in. If you're interested in submitting, here are some helpful things to know:
- I have a lot of subs about Martians/aliens visiting Earth who discover that humans are just too much for them to handle. I don't need more of them.
- I have a good number of zombie and vampire stories. I could use more werewolves. I don't have anything with mummies or Mi-Go.
- Please, please use standard double quote marks (" ") in conversations. I can do Search and Replace, but it gets annoying, even if the story is great. :)
Thanks to everyone, and keep writing!